Leaving a legacy for the Springhead Trust will help us preserve our historic buildings and beautiful gardens for the benefit of people of all ages and from all walks of life.
Your gift, however large or small, will make a lasting difference. We understand that you will want to take care of family and loved ones too, but making or changing your will is a real opportunity to give a significant gift which won’t cost you anything now.
How to leave a gift to the Springhead Trust
If you already have a will, talk to a solicitor about adding a gift to the Springhead Trust. If you don’t have a will yet, a solicitor will be able to help you draft one (it’s easy to find a local solicitor). You can choose to leave a Pecuniary Bequest, which is a specific amount of money, or you may prefer to leave a Residuary Bequest, which is a certain percentage of what’s left over after your other wishes have been carried out. Alternatively, you could leave us an item of value such as a painting or piece of jewellery which can be sold to support our work. Leaving a part or your entire estate to charity can reduce, and in some situations, eliminate the Inheritance Tax liability.
Please note that the Springhead Trust Ltd is unable to offer legal or financial advice, and we recommend that you seek professional advice before you make your will.
What we will do with your legacy
Your legacy will help us continue our work as a centre for creative and sustainable living, for example through:
- Providing opportunities for children from urban and disadvantaged backgrounds to enjoy and learn from their visits to Springhead
- Maintaining Springhead’s 15 acres of gardens and grounds for the benefit of both people and wildlife
- Looking after Springhead’s buildings including our listed mill building
- Providing opportunities for local people to enjoy the musical and dramatic performances at our open-air theatre and indoor spaces
- Demonstrating ways of living sustainably, for example through generating power using renewable energy technologies
Legacies which don’t specify how we should spend the money are particularly valuable to us, as they allow us to choose the best way of using your gift at the time
To discuss leaving a legacy or to let us know your decision
Please contact us (see below for details) you have any queries. If you do decide to remember the Springhead Trust in your will, you may prefer not to share your decision with us. However, if you’re happy to let us know that you have decided to leave a gift in your will, it will be encouraging for us to know that in the future your gift will help us carry on our work.