We can design a programme of activities to suit all ages and abilities and to help you deliver the curriculum at all key stages. Our most popular activities include:
- Learning about wildlife through pursuits such as pond and river-dipping, and bat detecting
- Helping to harvest produce from our kitchen gardens
- Going for walks in the unspoilt countryside on our doorstep
- Drinking fresh water from our natural springs
- Devising and putting on shows at our open-air theatre
- Building dens in teams
- Singing and toasting marshmallows round the campfire
There are many other places and attractions worth visiting within easy driving distance, such as the Jurassic coast, the Ancient Technology Centre at Cranborne and the historic hilltop town of Shaftesbury.
As well as learning about the countryside, wildlife, and how food is produced, children coming to Springhead gain confidence to try new things, enjoy the chance to bond with their contemporaries and learn to work as part of a team. They also benefit from the fresh air and exercise, home-cooked food and the opportunity to play outdoors, away from TVs and mobiles.
I loved it so so much and it was brilliant…I liked the bit when we all sat down and ate lunch on the hills on a sunny day. I loved seeing all the nature around us it was lovely. I loved doing the map where we had to find stuff it was very interesting and fun. My favourite thing was when we were in the spring and when we splashed each other…..