Springhead’s mission is to encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to experience and value the rural environment, and to learn about the sustainable use of natural resources; as well as to conserve the buildings and gardens as a special place for education, enjoyment of the arts, music and rural culture.
Our main areas of work are:
- Providing environmental education and personal development by running day and residential visits, particularly for children and young people
- Promoting the conservation, protection and improvement of the natural environment, by following organic principles and using renewable energy technologies
- Enabling people to enjoy and learn about the arts, by staging productions in our open-air theatre, holding exhibitions, plays, concerts, workshops and classes
- Giving the public opportunities to enjoy and learn at Springhead through open days, volunteering, and providing spaces for community use
- Conserving and enhancing the buildings, gardens and grounds of Springhead for future generations